The Institute was founded in 1990. Our major responsibilities are as follows:
1. Prevention and treatment of Alzheimer's disease with traditional Chinese medicine.
2. Prevention and treatment of senile frailty with traditional Chinese medicine.
3. Prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis or vascular aging with traditional Chinese medicine.
4. Prevention and treatment of senile tumor with traditional Chinese medicine.
5. Study on anti-aging effects of traditional Chinese medicine.
By the end of 2021, our institute has successively presided a large number of national and municipal granted scientific research projects, such as the National Natural Science Foundation, the National Large-scale Crucial Projects of the 8th, 9th, 11th Five-year Periods, and key projects of the National Natural Science Foundation of China. And, 9 provincial and ministerial scientific and technological achievement awards has been received by our institute upon the development of new compound traditional Chinese medicine "Huanjingjian oral liquid" and new compound traditional Chinese medicine for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease "Shenzhiling oral liquid". Meanwhile, we have won the First prize of Shanghai Scientific and Technological progress award and the Third prize of Science and Technology award of the China Association of Chinese medicine. We has received one national invention patent authorization and submitted three national invention patent applications. We have published more than 60 SCI regular manuscripts. At the same time, 4 academic monographs such as "Clinical collection of famous prescriptions of traditional Chinese medicine" and "Epigenetics of noncoding RNA" have been edited or translated.
Our ongoing activities
1. Working on collaborations with some hospitals and social health centers.
2. Conducting research projects on prevention and treatment of senile chronic diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, senile frailty, atherosclerosis or vascular aging, and senile tumor base on anti-aging relevant traditional Chinese medicine.
The institute has 2 directors and 15 staff members. Regarding educational background, 9 have doctorate degree of medicine or biology, 5 have master degree of Chinese medicine. Among them 3 have senior titles, 4 have vice-senior titles and 8 have middle titles.
Address: Building C, 365 South Xiangyang Road, Shanghai 200031, China