The Institute for Basic Theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) was originally established as Department of Basic Medicine of Shanghai TCM College in 1962. It takes the mottos of “Learning from predecessors, learning from predecessor's works; laying a solid foundation, and willing to help others” to promote the inheritance and innovation of TCM.
1. Published 68 academic papers, including 33 SCI papers and 1 CSSCI paper.
2. Won the third prize of Shanghai Science and Technology Works Award of TCM.
3. Won the third prize of Shanghai Science and Technology Achievement Award of TCM.
4. Won the third prize of Shanghai Science & Technology Advancement Award.
5. Published 8 national textbooks as editor-in-chiefs. Two national gold standard courses were taken on. National first-class courses of Explain the main point of Huang Di Nei Jing and Traditional Chinese Medicine Diagnostics.
Our ongoing activities
National Science & Technology Pillar Program during the 13th 5-year plan period (1)
National Natural Science Foundation (7)
National Social Science Fund (1)
Social Science Research Project of the Ministry of Education (1)
The Institute has 1 director and 18 staff members, including 6 professors, 8 associate professors and 5 assistant professors.
Address: 1200 Cailun Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai 201203, China