The Institute was founded in 1986, and our major responsibilities are as follows:
1. To conduct scientific research on traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) for musculoskeletal diseases.
2. To conduct clinical research on TCM for musculoskeletal diseases.
3. To conduct research training and academic exchanges for scholars specializing in TCM.
We’ve developed more than 5 kinds of preparations on TCM, and have been involved in drafting 6 clinical guidelines on TCM by now. In addition, we’ve compiled 55national planning textbooks. We have been rewarded lots of powerful prizes included the first prize of Science Technology Improvement Award of Science Research Famous Achievement Award in Higher Institution and the first prize of Shanghai Science and Technology Popularization Award.
Our ongoing activities
1. Establishing the protect and inherit teaching bases of Shi's Traumatology
2. Conducting many research projects such as National Natural Science Foundation of China, Shanghai Science & Technology Commission, Shanghai Health & Family Planning Commission and Shanghai TCM Development Office.
3. Establishing the Shanghai Clinical Research Center for Musculoskeletal Health.
The Institute has 13 full-time researchers, 10 of whom have PhD and 1 has a master degree. Four researchers are professors and 5 members are associate professors in Shanghai University of TCM
Address: 528 Zhangheng Road, Pudong New District, Shanghai