1. Conducting clinical and scientific researches on traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) prevention and treatment of sore diseases, breast diseases, anorectum diseases, skin diseases, peripheral vascular diseases, biliary and pancreatic diseases;
2. Study the action mechanism of TCM in the treatment of dominant diseases;
3. Research on key techniques of external therapy of TCM Surgery;
4. Research on the academic inheritance of surgical schools;
5. Research on hospital preparations with certain TCM combinations;
6. Postgraduate students training on researches in TCM surgical field.
We have established cellular and animal models to study breast cancer, chronic wound, biliary and pancreatic diseases, inflammatory bowel disease and so on. We have advanced research devices such as HPLC-MS, confocal microscope, IVIS spectrum system. From 2011 to 2021, we have undertaken 67 research projects, 27 of which were national projects. The total research grants add up to 35 million RMB. We have published 224 scientific papers, and 58 among them are indexed by SCI. The total impact factor is 189. We have trained 226 doctoral students and master students. We have published 32 monographs and have won 7 science and technology awards.
Our ongoing activities
1. Conducting researches on the efficacy and mechanism of TCM for treating breast cancer, chronic wound, diabetes foot, chronic leg ulcers, cholelithiasis, pancreatic fibrosis, complex anal fistula and sinus tract, ulcerative colitis, and other diseases.
2. Undertaking scientific research projects from organizations such as National Natural Science Foundation of China, National Administration of TCM, Science and Technology Commission of Shanghai Municipality, and Shanghai Municipal Health Commission.
3. Collaborating with first-class scientific research institutes such as Ottawa Medical School and Harvard Medical School affiliated Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
Currently, our institute has 13 faculty members, including one president, 1 vice president, 1 director and 10 full time researchers. Ten among them have doctoral degree, and 1 has finished postdoctoral training in Harvard Medical School affiliated Brigham and Women’s Hospital and was recruited in 2018. Among all faculties there are 4professors, 5 associate professors, and 4 assistant professors.
Address: 725 South Wanping Road, Shanghai 200032, China.