The Institute was founded in 2013. Our major responsibilities are as follows:
1. To find new methods of diagnosing and treating Rheumatic Immune Arthropathy by combining traditional Chinese and Western medicine.
2. To establish and revise national and professional clinical standards and guidelines on rheumatic immune joint diseases.
3. To provide an experimental and teaching platform combining clinical with basic research of joint diseases.
4. To establish a standardized and intelligentized BioBank of bone and joint diseases.
By the end of 2020, we’ve obtained 167 projects, including 8 national projects and 27 ministerial and provincial-level projects. We have published 410 articles and completed 8 books about rheumatic diseases as chief editor. We have also participated in revising 14 national guidelines or expert consensus on rheumatic bone and joint diseases. In addition, we have been rewarded as the Third Prize of Science and Technology Award of Chinese Association of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine, the First Prize of Shanghai Science and Technology, the First Prize of Shanghai Association of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine, and so on.
Our ongoing activities
1. Establishing 2 regional Disease Alliance on Rheumatology.
2. Working on collaborations with Shanghai Immunology Institute, Institute of Integrated Bioinformedicine and Traditional Science in Hong Kong Baptist University, Institute Pasteur of Shanghai Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai Institute of Materia medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Renji Hospital and Longhua Hospital.
3. Conducting research projects from the National Natural Science Foundation of China, the State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai Science & Technology Commission, Shanghai Health Committee and Changning District Health Committee.
The Institute has 1 director, 1 vice-director and 4 staff members. Regarding educational background, 3 has doctorate degree of Chinese medicine, 1 has doctorate degree of laboratory medicine, 1 has master degree of management and 1 has undergraduate degree of pathology. Three of them have senior titles, 1 has vice-senior title and 1 has middle title.
Address: No.10, Lane 1446 West Yan’an Road, Changning District, Shanghai, 200000